The folklore collection of the museum includes approximately 1500 objects, donated during the last 20 years by the inhabitants of Nikiti to the Nikitean philologist Mr Dimitrios Dimaras.
For the purposes of the permanent exhibition, the collection was enriched with new donations, and historical documents. Objects, archival material, contemporary artistic photography, oral testimonies, and film documentary become the means to highlight various stories about the settlement and the lives of the people of Nikiti.
The Historical and Folklore Museum of Nikiti is housed in the stone school building of the old settlement.
The school was built in 1870, and today it is a historical monument under state protection. The nonprofit partnership “Museum of Nikiti Chalkidiki” is the responsible body for the operation of the museum.
The implementation of the Historical and Folklore Museum of Nikiti came as a priority project for the Mayor of Sithonia, Ioannis Tzitzios, to achieve its integration in financial programs.